* In April 1981, Bob Chandler drove over junked cars in Bigfoot in what is often believed to be the first monster truck to crush cars.
* Monster Truck Specs:
• Approximately 12 feet tall and 12 feet wide.
• They weigh between 10,000 to 15,000 pounds.
• 1,500 to 2,000 horsepower per Truck.
• Capable of speeds of up to 100 miles per hour.
• Average cost to build is $155,000.00.
• 66 inch Off road tires.
* Trucks are equipped with three shut-off switches: the RII (Remote Ignition Interrupt), one within the driver's reach in the cab, and another at the rear of the truck so that all electrical power may be shut off in the event of a rollover.
* Drivers are required to wear fire suits, safety harnesses, helmets, and head and neck restraints.
* The first monster truck backflip in a scored competition was achieved in 2010 by Cam McQueen in Nitro Circus.